03.16.2006 - Home!
SxSW was once again a fantastic time, with many panels attended, many beers drank and many friends, new and old alike to have a laugh with.
Some key moments this year:
- Having lunch Saturday with a large group of people at the Iron Cactus upstairs at the only table without a canopy above it and the methods employed to avoid sunburn.
- Finally getting to meet Mr. Stuart Langridge over a five beer lunch.
- Kevin Lawver's joke on my shirt at our panel and having folks say "nice shirt" to me for the rest of the conference.
- The best "nice shirt" incident being during lunch the afternoon after our panel while coming out of the men's room at a Cajun restaurant on 6th Street. I opened the door, and a gentleman holding an infant was about to come in. I took a step back to hold the door open for him and he looked at me, smiled and said "hey, nice shirt.".
- Buying the Misfits clock that I had seen last year in the window of a head shop on 6th street, along with an Iron Maiden onesie.
- Our panel not sucking one single bit.
Some (and by no means all) of the new people I met this year in no particular order:
- Kyle Bradshaw
- Darren Ansley
- Tom Crenshaw
- Steve Ganz
- Steve Champeon
- Andy Budd
- Aaron Barker
- Dustin Diaz
- Travis Forden
We'll have to do it again some time :)
Posted by Aaron Barker on March 17, 2006 @ 5:25 am
Posted by Kevin on March 17, 2006 @ 5:41 pm
Posted by Dustin Diaz on March 18, 2006 @ 2:11 am
Posted by Steve Ganz on March 18, 2006 @ 5:08 pm
Comments have been closed for this post.